The Actor's Toolkit - Sharpen Your Acting Skills!
8 weeks - Monday Nights: 19:30-21:30
Start Date: March 23rd
About the workshop:
Sharpen your acting skills: From creating characters, to scene work and monologues. And even acting through song and for camera... boost your skills, whatever level you’re at today, with this fun and focused evening course.
Taught by professional actor Natalie Blenford, who has ten years of experience working professionally on stage and screen in London and Tel Aviv, the course will cover acting fundamentals, including:
- Understanding and developing character using voice, physicality, different acting techniques, improvisation and imagination
- Voice development: exercises to free your voice and boost your volume, power and confidence on stage
- Monologue and dialogue workshop: how to master these different forms of text and make the words leap from the page
- Rehearsing and performing scenes from real scripts from contemporary TV dramas and plays
- Comedy v Tragedy: what's the difference, and the key things you need to know about acting these genres
- Introduction to screen acting and musical theater (depending on the group's desire), as well as tips on audition technique;
- The chance to perform weekly in a safe environment, get feedback and leave with a clear idea of what works and what doesn't when it comes to auditioning and performing.
Each session will start with physical and vocal exercises to get participants into 'actor mode', and throughout the sessions the emphasis will be on trying things out, playing and experiencing the work for yourselves. No lengthy lectures - just lots of fun, hands-on opportunity to improve your stagecraft!
ALL LEVELS WELCOME
About the facilitator:
Natalie Blenford trained in acting at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London, graduating with a masters degree. She went on to perform professionally in musicals and commercials in the UK, including TV campaigns for KFC, easyproperty.com, Waitrose, Jacob's Creek, Google and Barclaycard. Since moving to Israel she has appeared in commercials for Euro Spread, Subaru, Bank Ben Leumi, Zaga Schar and Amdocs. Natalie has also played guest roles in two Israeli TV series, "My Life" with Kobi Maimon and another secret project to be broadcast on Keshet later in 2019.
Specific Workshop Dates:
[Please note the break during the Passover holiday]
1) March 23
2) March 30
3) April 6
4) April 20
5) April 27
6) May 04
7) May 11
8) May 18
Fee Regular: 720 NIS
Fee Students/Soldiers: 680 NIS